We have an exciting new opportunity in Soham, supporting a young man who experiences Autism.
We are looking for a new staff member to become part of his existing team.
Initially the role will be to sleep in (2200 – 7am) at the family home providing emergency support if required. You will then support him through his morning routine from 7am -9am. We are looking for 2 people to cover Mon/Tues/weds and every other weekend. To get to know him we will arrange for you to spend time shadowing his existing staff enabling you to build a positive relationship.
We are looking for someone who is positive, enthusiastic, fun, reliable and can work in a team. You will need to be comfortable in working in a family environment with a super friendly dog.
This young man loves his xbox and wii and would love it if he could find someone to help him with this. He is a very active and will often be trampolining, scootering, swimming, cycling and engaging in outdoor activities. He also enjoys doing things in the home and has a very busy programme.
If you feel this role could be right for you and would like to find out more please call Lisa Yearn 07592 579600 or apply below.
Benefits of Support Worker
· Excellent pay rates
· Company Pension scheme
· 22 days paid holiday per year – plus bank holidays
· Career development opportunities as well as NVQs in health and social care. (Level 2-3)
· Paid mileage
· Refer a friend scheme
· BUPA Employee Assistance Programme
· Reduced gym membership
· Monthly and Annual Employee Awards
· Cycle to work scheme
Requirements for Support Worker
· NVQ 2 or willing to work towards gaining this certificate
· It is desirable that you have a valid driving license
· You must have excellent communications skills and the ability to build relationships with those we support and those around them
· Caring, compassionate and enthusiastic Individual
· Ability to work as a team member
· Full training is provided.
Responsibilities of Support Worker
· Candidates must be passionate about caring and willing to develop their skills further
· You must be friendly and supportive of vulnerable adults.
· Reliable and flexible
· Ability to be patient and keep calm under pressure
· Understanding the responsibility